There is a serious baby BOOOOM happening within my friends and family. I have over 17 baby showers in the past 5 years under my belt to prove it (not including my own!). Upon finding out I was expecting, I had made a mental note to treat these showers as, not only fun and games, but an educational experience as well. SO, when the time finally came to register for all my little Charlie’s essentials, lets just say I was prepared for the task at hand – or so I thought!
As my friends and family so graciously *showered* me with love, support, and baby decor – I came across one present that stood out amongst the rest. This particular gift was nothing I had registered for, but it soon became one of the most vital tools in navigating my way through those first few weeks of mommyhood. I now “Pay it Forward” by presenting this same special gift to all of my new mommy loved ones. I give to you . . .
The New Mommy Survival Kit
This particular Mommy Survival Kit includes:
- Pampers Newborn Swaddler Diapers
- Desitin Diaper Rash Cream
- Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment
- Newborn Onesie
- Swaddle Blanket
- Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child (aka The Sleeping Child Bible)
- Purell Hand Sanitizer
- Wet Ones Sensitive Hand & Face Wipes
- Hooter Hiders
- Always Overnight Maxi Pads with Wings
- Basket (usually one the new mommy registered for)
- Lansinoh Lanolin Topical Treatment
- Lansinoh Nursing Pads
- Madela Pump & Save Breast Milk Bags
- NB Sleep Gown
- Avent Soothie Pacifier 0+ Month
- Booginhead PaciGrip
- Gerber 6 Ply Cloth Diapers (best burp cloth)
The basic premise of this survival kit is to supply the new mom with all the stuff that she may not even know she needs. I also like to add little notes to each item explaining it’s purpose, or why I thought it was useful. Even if the mom already has some of this stuff, she will ALWAYS need more.
NEW Baby Girl Homemade Mommy Survival Kit. I added a bottle of Gloria Ferrer Brut Rose Sparkling Wine to this basket for an added mommy treat.