So this year I decided to get fit. Again.
Does this sound familiar to you?
Back in my youth I used to row, play softball, hockey, netball (not all at once) and I was quite active but as the years have gone by…
For the past <insert number of> years I would jump on the ‘I’m gonna get fit’ bandwagon, maybe join a gym and I’d go hard for a few months.
Then inevitably I would fall off the wagon and go back to my sedentary ways.
That’s my story but I know it’s not unique.
This time though when I decided to get back on the ‘I’m gonna get fit’ bandwagon I made one slight change.
I made an appointment with a fitness photographer.
The reasoning behind this was that if I have to flash my stomach and have it caught on camera I’d be more motivated to exercise.
Did it work?
Hell YES. It worked.
Though to be completely truthful I set the photo shoot date three months in advance.
And I only really started working out regularly 6 weeks before the shoot.
BUT that was because I realized I only had 6 weeks left to get in to shape. So yeah, setting a date really helped.
The Workout System I Used To Get Me Some Abs
There were a couple of things I considered before deciding how to get in shape:
1. I wanted to work out at home. I KNEW if I had to leave the house and go somewhere to work out I wouldn’t do it. So I needed to find something I could do in the comfort of my home.
2. I didn’t want to join a gym. My problem with gyms are many but specifically they make you sign up for 12 months. Everyone knows I’m a commitment phobe so committing to a 12 month gym membership was just the same as flushing the money down the toilet.
3. I didn’t want to have to buy expensive workout equipment or equipment that took up a lot of room.
4. I didn’t want to be bored.
I’ve been a fan of Flavia Del Monte’s for about a year and I regularly read her blog where she writes and shares videos and tips for women to get in shape.
Her workout system Curvalicious ticked all my boxes.
Why I like it:
- There are video instructions of every workout. VERY handy to have. I must have watched them a dozen times just to make sure my form was correct.
- Each workout had the option to workout at home as well as at a gym.
- Each of the 5 days workouts were different. You only had to do each particular exercise once a week (very good for not getting bored!)
- The Curvalicious program includes meal plans and recipes but except for the last week, my diet was pretty bad. I didn’t count calories and I still ate crap. Yet I still got phenomenal results.
- I only did Curvalicious for 6 weeks before my photo shoot and I still got phenomenal results.
- I have pretty bad RSI in both arms so I can’t do much work with my arms. The way the program is structured meant that I still had a lot I could do when I couldn’t do arm exercises.
- Curvalicious has a 60 day money back guarantee. Name me one gym or personal trainer who offers that?
Needless to say I didn’t fit in to all the jeans I owned before:
Now I do
Your results may vary.
As much as I love Curvalicious and highly recommend it, you may not see the same results as me. That’s just the way it is, I’m afraid. See if it’s a match for you here.